30 things to do before I turn 30



I turned 26 nearly 4 months ago now and it’s dawned on me how quickly 26 has actually come around. Life just passes by and if you don’t grab onto every opportunity possible you’ll miss it and be stuck in a rut with regrets for the rest of your life. So, I’ve decided to make a list of 30 things I should really try and do before I turn 30, I still have 4 years to go and I am by no means wishing my life away but it’s always nice to have something to look back on when you get there and see if you can actually tick anything off (hopefully everything).

My twenties so far have been pretty good to me, I’ve had the chance to do things that most 26 year olds might not have and I genuinely am so grateful for the life I have lived. 



  1. Visit 30 countries, I’ve got 9 to go - I think its more than doable in 4 years.
  2. Solo trip in Europe - maybe an inter railing experience for 2 weeks. This could tie in very well with number 1.
  3. Go veggie for at least a year. I’m transitioning now, due to the fact that I still have meat in my freezer and I’m not wasting food, but I’m really keen to give it a go for the environment and health benefits.
  4. See at least 4 west end musicals, one being Chicago.
  5. Stick to netball - I really enjoy playing it and I think I’m getting better, the worst thing I could do now is quit, if the team flops, find a new team, keep trying and don’t give up.
  6. Volunteer to a good cause, preferably in a S. East Asia country, but I’m not blind to realise there are so many problems in the UK too - from homelessness, to knife crime, to illnesses, the more we can do to help reduce these issues the better.
  7. Spend Christmas on a beach. 
  8. Go on a tinder / bumble date, actually give guys a chance, there might be some good ones out there still.
  9. Treat yourself regularly, saving money is fun but at the end of the day you can’t limit yourself forever, splurge every so often buy an expensive watch. Go on multiple holidays a year. Do what you want with you money and don’t let anyone judge you.
  10. Find a signature dish, and don’t copy it out of a recipe book.
  11. Learn that saying no is okay
  12. Learn a new language - this is a hard one, because I genuinely don’t think I have the patience for this kind of skill, but I’ll try and give it my best shot.
  13. Go on a UK road trip 
  14. Fall in love 
  15. Read more books (at least 50)
  16. Throw a big house party
  17. Do something that scares you
  18. Forget about every single fad diet you’ve ever done, they ain’t worth it - just experiment with new foods and try new dishes. But also eat cake when you want to eat cake.
  19. Climb a mountain, any mountain really I’m not fussed but try something a little hard than Old John up braggy park.
  20. Visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise
  21. Get a cat
  22. Go to winter wonderland 
  23. Visit more cities around the UK 
  24. Get drunk at a friends wedding and have the best day ever
  25. Go on a girls trip
  26. Throw away every piece of clothing that I haven’t worn in 2 years, I need to stop hoarding my clothes and just admit I’m never going to wear them again
  27. Write a book (I would absolutely love this so much but my god books are long aren’t they… maybe a short story will suffice)
  28. Be the best friend to everyone you can be
  29. Appreciate everyone around you
  30. Believe in yourself!



Lots of love

Hol x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solo travel is exhausting.

living alone in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC (not clickbait)