living alone in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC (not clickbait)
So if you didn’t already know - first of all, where have you been and how do I get there? - we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, and it’s kinda crazy. Think all of our previous illness outbreaks (swine flu, foot & mouth, ebola eta) on steroids; it’s actually passed the point of being able to joke about it it’s that serious, hundreds are dying each day and apparently we’re not even over the worst of it yet.
Let us go back 3-4 weeks, I was still working at go west and I remember our boss had gone over to Malaysia on business and in the office we were like WHY IS HE DOING THAT ?! Has he not seen the news? There’s this weird corona virus going round, he’s going to bring it home.
Turns out that was the best of the situation and honestly it ain’t shit in Malaysia. He’d have been better off staying put by the looks of things now.
But putting the virus aside for a moment. How am i? I hear you ask (noone asked holly..) by go to response is I’m fine. It’s funny whenever I say ‘i’m fine’ that phrase just sounds so forced and fake like if you say it a thousand times you’ll start believing that you in fact fine.
Nah I am though - I’m a bit bored in the house, in the house bored, what with being furloughed 2 weeks ago and not having a lot of house work to do - I keep seeing everyone doing house reno and I’m so jealous that all the rooms in my mine are up to date and other than painting (i dont have paint) the decking in the garden there’s not a lot I can do to it …
Side note if you didn’t know, ( again, where have you been I’ve updated my socials enough about it ) I’ve been moved in my own house since January 2019 and it’s pretty damn sweet.
Obviously I still don’t have a boyfriend and I’m living on my own but I’m not upset about that at all.
I live for myself not anyone else.
It’s also still within 10 minutes of where I used to live so that’s nice too.
But I can’t help but think having a bf would be 5000x better at the current moment, even just to help me with my 1000 (actually only 999 because a piece was missing honestly I’m tamping, fuming, raging - name that show) piece jigsaw puzzles or to make dinner for me when I cba, or maybe play some card games with because there’s only so many times you can play clockwork patience (i’m joking I haven’t played this but honestly not ruling it out as a possible activity for the future I dunno how long its gonna be), and sharing Netflix binge watching with because that’s all a bit bored on your own.
I have been keeping myself busy though, I’ve started at own work outs (most days not even day) I like the live ones because it’s like you’re in an actual class but you can slack off a bit too cos they can’t see you hehe, I also bought my bike up from my parents for my daily outing, and I’ve also found a new love for tiktok - now please do NOT get it mixed up that I’m a new tiktoker I was there bEFORE THE PANDEMIC - but I didn’t really make videos until now and they’re so much fun.
Just a quick flex on the fact one of my *worst* videos has 20k views. I’ve no idea how, I absolutely do not understand the tiktok algorithm at all soooooo I’m basically famous now… Charlie d’amelio WHO???
Shall I list some top Netflix (and other channels) I think ya’ll should binge during our lockdown if you haven’t already, because honestly I’m usually the last to hop on a tv trend:
This Country (bbc)
Derry Girls (c4 & netflix)
Fleabag (bbc)
Young Offenders (bbc)
Kath & Koji (itv)
Jailbirds (netflix)
Sex Education (netflix)
Friday Night Dinner (netflix & c4) I’m new to this, idk how because it is FANTASTIC 10/10
I’m also a strong advocate for YouTube and always have been, IT IS NOT JUST CATS AND VIDEOS FOR 6 YEAR OLDS !!!
Some channels ya’ll need to watch if you want some fun escape are:
Carly & Erin
David Dobrik
& every other vlog squad member
Grackle
Jenna Marbles (& Julian)
Alfie Deyes (i know this is so 2014 but kill me why don’t you I just love a good vlog and I like seeing how the other half live hahah)
I’m going to end this here because it’s so hot and I want to do nothing but sunbathe :-) but it’s been fun writing down what I’ve been up to, albeit not a lot at all but everyones in the same boat at this point and hopefully if we continue staying home and keeping out of each others way we’ll go back to normal soon (i have my fingers crossed it’ll be by the end of may because I WANT TO GO TO BENIIIIII in July It will be the bEST FESTIVAL EVER IF WE GET TO GO)
Stay Safe x Stay Home x
Lots of love
H
xoxo
Let us go back 3-4 weeks, I was still working at go west and I remember our boss had gone over to Malaysia on business and in the office we were like WHY IS HE DOING THAT ?! Has he not seen the news? There’s this weird corona virus going round, he’s going to bring it home.
Turns out that was the best of the situation and honestly it ain’t shit in Malaysia. He’d have been better off staying put by the looks of things now.
But putting the virus aside for a moment. How am i? I hear you ask (noone asked holly..) by go to response is I’m fine. It’s funny whenever I say ‘i’m fine’ that phrase just sounds so forced and fake like if you say it a thousand times you’ll start believing that you in fact fine.
Nah I am though - I’m a bit bored in the house, in the house bored, what with being furloughed 2 weeks ago and not having a lot of house work to do - I keep seeing everyone doing house reno and I’m so jealous that all the rooms in my mine are up to date and other than painting (i dont have paint) the decking in the garden there’s not a lot I can do to it …
Side note if you didn’t know, ( again, where have you been I’ve updated my socials enough about it ) I’ve been moved in my own house since January 2019 and it’s pretty damn sweet.
Obviously I still don’t have a boyfriend and I’m living on my own but I’m not upset about that at all.
I live for myself not anyone else.
It’s also still within 10 minutes of where I used to live so that’s nice too.
But I can’t help but think having a bf would be 5000x better at the current moment, even just to help me with my 1000 (actually only 999 because a piece was missing honestly I’m tamping, fuming, raging - name that show) piece jigsaw puzzles or to make dinner for me when I cba, or maybe play some card games with because there’s only so many times you can play clockwork patience (i’m joking I haven’t played this but honestly not ruling it out as a possible activity for the future I dunno how long its gonna be), and sharing Netflix binge watching with because that’s all a bit bored on your own.
I have been keeping myself busy though, I’ve started at own work outs (most days not even day) I like the live ones because it’s like you’re in an actual class but you can slack off a bit too cos they can’t see you hehe, I also bought my bike up from my parents for my daily outing, and I’ve also found a new love for tiktok - now please do NOT get it mixed up that I’m a new tiktoker I was there bEFORE THE PANDEMIC - but I didn’t really make videos until now and they’re so much fun.
Just a quick flex on the fact one of my *worst* videos has 20k views. I’ve no idea how, I absolutely do not understand the tiktok algorithm at all soooooo I’m basically famous now… Charlie d’amelio WHO???
Shall I list some top Netflix (and other channels) I think ya’ll should binge during our lockdown if you haven’t already, because honestly I’m usually the last to hop on a tv trend:
This Country (bbc)
Derry Girls (c4 & netflix)
Fleabag (bbc)
Young Offenders (bbc)
Kath & Koji (itv)
Jailbirds (netflix)
Sex Education (netflix)
Friday Night Dinner (netflix & c4) I’m new to this, idk how because it is FANTASTIC 10/10
I’m also a strong advocate for YouTube and always have been, IT IS NOT JUST CATS AND VIDEOS FOR 6 YEAR OLDS !!!
Some channels ya’ll need to watch if you want some fun escape are:
Carly & Erin
David Dobrik
& every other vlog squad member
Grackle
Jenna Marbles (& Julian)
Alfie Deyes (i know this is so 2014 but kill me why don’t you I just love a good vlog and I like seeing how the other half live hahah)
I’m going to end this here because it’s so hot and I want to do nothing but sunbathe :-) but it’s been fun writing down what I’ve been up to, albeit not a lot at all but everyones in the same boat at this point and hopefully if we continue staying home and keeping out of each others way we’ll go back to normal soon (i have my fingers crossed it’ll be by the end of may because I WANT TO GO TO BENIIIIII in July It will be the bEST FESTIVAL EVER IF WE GET TO GO)
Stay Safe x Stay Home x
Lots of love
H
xoxo
Comments
Post a Comment